Chef Victoria Andrade, Chef Instructor, ICCA Dubai will prepare this Pasta Salad with Lentils and Broccoli at this year’s World Pasta Day event in Dubai, organized by the International Pasta Organization (IPO), Italian Association of Confectionary and Pasta Industries (AIDEPI), and Italian Trade Agency (ITA). This pasta salad is a fantastic food to include in vegetarian diets. Lentils are a great source of protein. This can be made with traditional or gluten-free pasta.
Photo credit: ICCA Dubai
- 100 gr. Penne pasta
- 100 gr. Brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 50 gr. Ricotta Cheese
- 50 gr. Broccoli
- 30 gr. Baby Spinach
- 1 pc. Grilled red bell pepper
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 1 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbs Honey
- Cook the dried penne pasta in boiling hot water until it is al dente, then cool the pasta down under cold water and put it aside
- Soak the lentils in water for 15 min, then proceed to cook them in boiling water till cooked. Cool the lentils down and put it aside
- Cut and blanch broccoli in salted water, and cool the blanched broccoli down
- Wash the bell pepper and cut into 4cm squares, grill the pepper in a pan season with salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients together in a wide bowl, drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey.
- Assemble salad in a salad bowl and crumb ricotta cheese on top as a garnish.