- 500 grams (1pound) spaghetti
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can tuna fish, drained
- 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot pepper flakes or hot sauce (optional)
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until the garlic is golden. Add the tuna in bits and then the tomatoes, also in small amounts. Cook for 10 minutes to warm up. Add the salt and pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti al dente. Serve with the sauce, adding hot pepper flakes or hot sauce if desired.
Makes 5 servings.