- 400 grams (1 pound) spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 120 milliliters (4 ounces) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 pinch nutmeg and pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons “Minas” cheese or Queso Fresco (fresh cheese)
- Boil the water and cook the pasta until al dente, drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and add the onion, lemon juice, lemon zest, nutmeg and pepper. Mix well and pour over the spaghetti.
- Add the basil, mix well and sprinkle with cheese.
- 4Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings