- 340 grams (3⁄4 pound) spaghetti, freshly cooked
- 2–4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 450 grams (1 pound) zucchini, trimmed, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 900 grams (2 pounds) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- Brush a large deep nonstick skillet with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and crushed red pepper. Sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- Brush the skillet again with 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until brown and tender, adding water by tablespoonfuls as needed if the mushrooms stick to skillet, about 18 minutes. Add the zucchini mixture, herbs, and garlic and stir 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and tomatoes to the mushroom mixture; toss to blend, adding water by if the mixture is dry. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
Makes 4 servings