- 375 grams (3∕4 pound) whole wheat rotini
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- Cook the rotini according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion, garlic, and zucchini in olive oil over medium-low heat until tender. Add the tomatoes and parsley or basil and heat through.
- Toss the cooked rotini with the vegetable mixture and serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4–6 servings